In a Hurry? Check Our Top 3 Picks!
Steam cleaners can be very handy, especially when you want to sterilize and disinfect stubborn stains and surfaces. And with the best multi-purpose steam cleaners, you can do all of this and so much more!
There are tons of multipurpose steam cleaners on the market today that come with many additional features and technologies.
It can be the only equipment you might need to clean and sanitize your rooms. Compared to cleaning liquids, steam cleaners are more efficient and safer. Instead of chemicals, it uses water and the power of steam. You can never go wrong with steam. It can get rid of an array of germs, allergens, viruses, and pathogens.
And we know just how confusing it can be to buy one from so many others, which is exactly why we have brought together a list of the 15 best multi-purpose steam cleaners in 2023! Keep reading to find out our top picks.
- If you’re looking for an all-rounder in terms of a multi-purpose steamer, you have to go with the Dupray Neat Multipurpose Steamer! It is super easy to control and it comes with a full set of equipment.
- The Pure Enrichment PureClean steam cleaner comes with a 5 year warranty, the largest in our list of products!
- If you need a heavy duty steam cleaner, you should check out the Shark Genius Steam Mop with a power of 2400 watts!
- For a lightweight product that will do its job perfectly, you can look at the McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe.
- For a lightweight, low-maintenance steaming mop, you can go for the LIGHT ‘N’ Steam Mop.
Here is the List of Best Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaners:
|Product||Power (in W)||Warranty (in years)||Weight(in pounds)||Button|
|Dupray Neat Multipurpose Steamer||1500||2||9||Check Price on Amazon|
|Pure Enrichment PureClean||1500||5||15.87||Check Price on Amazon|
|LIGHT ‘N’ Steam Mop||1550||1||6.3||Check Price on Amazon|
|Shark Genius Steam Mop||2400||1||5.78||Check Price on Amazon|
|Steamfast Steam Cleaner||900||2||8.42||Check Price on Amazon|
|McCulloch MC1275||1500||2||12||Check Price on Amazon|
|Wagner Spraytech Wagner||1500||1||12.92||Check Price on Amazon|
|BISSELL Little Green||1200||1||13.42||Check Price on Amazon|
|O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop||_||Lifetime guarantee||5||Check Price on Amazon|
|Homegear X100 Steam Cleaner||1500||1||10||Check Price on Amazon|
Top 10 Best Multipurpose Steam Cleaners Reviewed
The largest-capacity multipurpose steam cleaner engine to ever grace our list, this product from Dupray instantly earns our “Top Premium Pick” nod!
- Certifiably Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner.
- Powerful Superheated Steam (up to 275°F).
- 100% High Power Capacity.
- 2-year steamer warranty + Lifetime boiler warranty.
- High-Functioning Technology & Design.
The Dupray Neat is everything you need in a multipurpose steam cleaner. It’s nearly perfect! Highly-durable. Low-maintenance. High-capacity. Easy to carry around the home. There’s literally nothing this steam cleaner can’t do.
This number one, “top pick” best multi-purpose steam cleaner is super-efficient in its cleaning technology. It’s also practically designed to penetrate into areas in the home. It also cleans your car fast. But, what’s truly its edge over the rest of the products in this list?
What makes this product our top pick for today is its heavy-duty, 50 minutes cleaning time. Seriously, compared to the Dupray Tosca Steam Cleaner, the Dupray Neat Steam cleaner stands out for just how much it offers within its price range.
Its integrated funnel is powered by a large-capacity tank at 54 oz./ 1600 ml. Its retractable handle design is easily manipulated with just a touch of its center button. Finally, its easy-reach steam hose spans 6’6’’/2 meters all in all. All these features complete a transportable, lightweight, yet high-functioning cleaning engine.
Cleaning is guaranteed to be safe with this top product. Vaporizing at a maximum heat of 275 °F, it releases zero-chemical steam heat into the area. Inhaling it in is no problem. So, you don’t have to worry about it!
One thing that users do complain about, though, is that it seems to have a metal handle that can heat up at high temperatures. But we have a very easy solution for this based on our research! All you have to do is get a pair of cleaning gloves and you won’t feel a thing!
- High-Power Capacity! This product can reach a temperature as high as 275°F/135°C for cleaning and steaming. This is particularly great to kill bacterias and viruses.
- Effective Cleaning Technology that allows for efficient steam cleaning.
- Safe and user-friendly, thanks to its degreasing technology. It cleans without emitting any chemicals that may cause allergies.
- Lightweight & Portable. Super easy to operate!
- It is highly durable and comes with a 2-year warranty. It also covers a lifetime boiler warranty for any problem with the steam boiler!
- Some users experience inconvenience with the fact that the metal handle on the cleaner heats up at higher temperatures.
Why choose it?
- This “top pick” best steam cleaner for tile and grout from Dupray is practical, smart, and solid enough for heavy-duty use under a short time and the least effort.
Our next pick for today is the Pure Enrichment PureClean multi-purpose cleaner! With easier handling, a deep cleaning sensitivity, and overall high performance, this product will woo you just like that!
- 100% Natural Steam Cleaning
- Safe to Use on Sensitive & Narrow Surfaces
- Extra-Long Power Cord
- Easy Storage Technology
- 18-Piece Heavy-Duty Set
- 5-year warranty!
If you’re wondering why this product is one of our top picks, here is the reason. The Pure Enrichment PureClean had the highest period warranty on the list, making it one of the best-valued products in the market! With a 5-year warranty and lifetime customer support, you won’t ever have to worry about it not working.
What users most love about this product is the double energy feature. The boiler alone can complete 45-minutes of uninterrupted cleaning without needing a refill. And that’s not all! You no longer need to spend a lot of time going over pesky stains or trying to reach unreachable spots. Since this product comes with added mop heads, attachment pieces, and utility brushes, you can reach even the most stubborn corners!
You may also like: Best handheld showerhead
Multiple users suggest using the utility brush for cleaning years of built-up grime and soap scum. That is how amazingly effective this steam cleaner is! You can even rely on its nylon brush attachment to clean the smallest of grout!
In another review, the user was especially pleased by its compact storage capacity. The capacity is evidenced by its neat cord wrap just behind the device. Tucking it in for mess-free storage proves easiest! Having said that, our testers also agree.
While this product is virtually flawless, there is one thing you should be warned about. People quickly noticed that this cleaner increases the cleaning time of your chores. You have to make sure you’re using distilled water, measure the exact amount, and be careful in general. The results, however, are spectacular! It all depends on your preferences in the end.
- Effectively cleans even the peskiest, narrow corners.
- This product comes in a total of 18 pieces, which means that you get so many added attachments and units for every type of cleaning!
- It is excellent for those who are allergic to chemicals and need multi-purpose steam cleaners for their home.
- The extended power cord is especially good for cleaning cars and outdoor spaces!
- Despite being heavy-duty and durable, it is extremely lightweight and portable and can be used during traveling.
- Users were not particularly happy with the pre-cleaning time taken by this product. It needs distilled water for better efficiency and requires proper maintenance for long life.
Why choose it?
Our “Best in Warranty” pick from Pure Enrichment especially works on sensitive and narrow areas in the home or office. More so, it proves to be the best handheld steam cleaner for long-term use.
If you find it rather complicated to operate a multi-purpose steam cleaner, you’ll be delighted at how easy this product from Light N’ Easy actually is!
- Smart-switch technology that enables easy handling.
- Three temperature settings to adjust according to surfaces.
- Capable of using up to 212°F of hot steam for surface cleaning and disinfecting.
- High-Power Capacity
- Solid design and durable construction.
Our third-ranking product from Light N’ Easy is, as the name suggests, light and easy! For this very reason, users regard this product with high respect. In turn, it delivers them (including our product testers) with optimum multi-functionality.
The best high-pressure steam cleaner works very fluently and wipes off like it’s been designed to match the 110 °C hot steam release by the steam. Given such an advantage, it has been noted by both regular and expert users to effectively clean all floor surfaces. Yes, its main niche is cleaning floor surfaces. However, it also extends into cleaning linens, cotton pillows, desks, and bedsheets!
If you consider the fact that it is one of the most lightweight products on our list, the performance is truly top-notch! Furthermore, users do not face any issues whatsoever with vibrations or uneven performances despite the lightweight!
Its other technological advantages include a sofa cloth fresher, steam cleaner, garment steamer, with key features: smart switch, smart sensor, handheld steamer, and steam settings. All in all, our testers conclude that it’s a high-technology cleaning machine for beginners.
Another reviewer emphasized that the product is a highly intuitive device. Despite the fact that you can manually adjust the temperature settings, its versatile design automatically adjusts the steam according to the surfaces.
However, considering the lightweight and low power, it does tend to get overheated at the highest setting. Users observed that continuous heavy-duty usage may lead to water leakage.
All in all, we’d say this is an ideal product for you if you intend to use it moderately and with proper care.
- It comes with an added mop attachment that smoothly glides over all kinds of carpets and rugs and thoroughly cleans them.
- It is easy to use and multipurpose, making it very convenient and handy.
- Travel-friendly! It’s super lightweight and compact and is easy to store while traveling.
- Does not require distilled water! You can simply use tap water and get the mop running in no time.
- On the high setting, users noticed overrated motor and average performance. It does not suit well to heavy-duty use.
Why choose it?
The product is simple to use and handle; it’s best for beginners. However, that cannot overshadow its high-technology advantages. This one is surely one of the best multi-purpose steam cleaners on the list.
When it comes to cleaning, nothing utilizes speed and comfort better than this steam cleaner from Shark!
- Super-Efficient Touch-Free Technology that keeps all the dust and dirt at bay.
- Double-Sided Dirt Grip Washable Pads that can hold on to even the most stubborn dirt.
- Steam Power-Booster Technology to save both electricity and energy.
- Intelligent and Intuitive Power Control.
Truly a genius, as our testers would agree, this product from Shark has all the necessary elements for fast and light cleaning. But mind you, it doesn’t take cleaning lightly. Thanks to its Steam power-booster technology, it sweeps out pathogens from anywhere you want it to!
With a three-setting intelligent steam control, you get to be more in control over your cleaning outputs. Users are generally satisfied by such a feature as it releases heat right before it increases the temperature, thus avoiding overheating.
The setting also accurately indicates how much time is needed for the stream to heat up. With that, you’re made aware of how long you’ll have to wait. Meaning, you can leave it to do other things and be back on expected heating time.
Its easy-to-assemble accessories can get you up and running in no time. Even our most picky testers noticed that it can instantly deliver with just a few attachments. Now, add in its double-sided dirt grip pads, and you’ll see heaven in cleaning like never before.
In fact, the pads prove to be the product’s busiest accessory. So, one can understand why it doesn’t last long. But by all means, they are replaceable. Although its sellers insist that it’s washable, it’s not. Our testers have tried cleaning it thoroughly. However, it just won’t brighten up, not even a bit.
Other issues our testers encounter with the product include its tendency to leave very thick condensations (due to thickly-boosted vapors) and some high maintenance implications.
- It provides quick and easy cleaning and also lets you keep track of how long the water needs heating.
- It is extremely easy to assemble and requires minimum maintenance. All you need to do is follow the guide right and you should be good.
- Steam Blaster Technology leads to intense cleaning that is better suited for stubborn, old grime and stains.
- Double-Sided Pads are one of the best attachments and allow users to clean the surfaces thoroughly.
- Although very useful, users noticed that the double-sided mop pads don’t last very long with regular use. Even with rewashing, they simply give up after a while.
- Due to its steam booster technology, it sometimes leaves more moisture behind than the industry standard. This is not ideal for carpets and surfaces that are not water-resistant.
Why choose it?
With a soft-touch, intelligent control, comfortable and easy-to-handle design, our top product allows you to take control over your cleaning outputs in the shortest time possible.
Another great steam cleaners from the best multi-purpose steam cleaners list. It’s tough. It’s plump. It’s double the capacity! Our 5th-ranking multi-purpose steam cleaner by Steamfast is the bulkiest, yet also works as an indispensable pro!
- 1500-Watt steaming power.
- 48-ounce water tank for greater steaming time.
- 2-year Manufacturer’s warranty.
- Deep-Cleaning Output for All Surfaces.
- 100% All Natural Steaming Process.
Our top product hails to our testers as a “sumo wrestler” among steam cleaners. Gauging 1500 watts for its main heating action, it can last for the whole 45 minutes, uninterrupted! Many users find its sellers’ claim of it as a 45 to 45. Meaning, by just filling its tank with 45 ounces of water, it can run (cooled) in the next 45 minutes.
It also further lives up to expectations of it being a multipurpose steam cleaner. Indeed! It works like a vacuum, a sweep, a rug, a surface polisher, and of course, a steam cleaner. Its accessories may not largely be as versatile as its sellers claim, but they are indeed easy to attach. More so, the accessories bring cleaning further up the set bar.
In one review, it’s seen as a genuine shortcut to all tiring cleaning motions. It kills pathogens in an instant, thanks to its powered vapors. It guarantees all this, minus the harsh chemicals. Consequently, the reviewer affirms that its steaming solution is natural.
Despite being the largest product that it is, it isn’t as hard to handle. Why, you can always leave it stationed in a corner and proceed in mopping, conditioning, and sweeping the area and the resume with the steaming.
One thing users did notice is that this product tends to suck dust and dirt inside the main motor and pile up there overtime. This could lead to clogging up of the boiler and system failure over time. Our expert testers recommend cleaning the system after every few uses to avoid facing this issue.
Lastly, its other disadvantage concerns a corroding tank. While this cannot be helped, it can be prevented through meticulous storage. Never ever keep it in a high-humidity room and always empty the water contents before storing.
- It really does last almost an hour uninterrupted! And it does not even gradually lower the power despite going on for so long!
- For a steam cleaner that runs for almost an hour, it requires very little water for the task!
- Genuinely Multi-Purpose. People were delighted with just how many stains and dirt and grime the attachments could get rid of.
- It provides very aggressive cleaning and adjustable heat settings to clean even the most stubborn stains.
- It contains no chemicals whatsoever! It is pet-friendly, child-friendly, and hypoallergenic.
- Most users notice that forgetting to drain the water out of the tank before storing will most often lead to rust and corrosion.
- It tends to suck the dust in and clog the motors over time. You need to be careful and clean the insides of the product every few weeks.
Why choose it?
Our top product from Steamfast is a certified multi-purpose cleaner with higher wattage capacity for longer uninterrupted use!
McCulloch’s 6th-ranking multipurpose steam cleaner is versatile, superior, and most comfortable to use. You can even use it to reach very narrow places.
- 48-ounces large capacity water tank.
- Comes in an 18-piece equipment that includes various accessories and attachments for superior cleaning.
- Extended Power Cord that reaches even the tallest corners.
- 100% Natural Cleaning Technology
With a 15.7 long power cord, you can reach double the places any ordinary steam cleaners normally would. It’s been noted by many users as a very intuitive kind of device. It heats up the water reservoir fairly quickly without overheating the device’s motor. Experts explain that its long cord commits it to even distribution of heat. Such heat distribution determines its overall capacity.
Compared to the Steamfast Multi-purpose steamer, the McCulloch saves a lot more in terms of time and electricity. And as a direct result of its long power cord and intelligent heating, its tank is spared from corrosion and condensations.
Like the great products on this list, this best steam cleaner for carpet cleans with natural, chemical-free vapors. Our testers acknowledge that its steaming process releases conditioning particles. The air, as a result, gets to be conditioned good-time! Allergy-free. Mold-free.
Its thick surface-holding mop pad is known to be the perfect match to all surface types– smooth, linoleum-covered, carpeted, etc. Add in the extended power cord, and you’ve got a comfortable narrow cleaning.
Some issues our testers find with the product include unreliable/cheap hose quality, the tank’s incapacity to keep water from pouring from the cracks, and its incapacity to penetrate into and clean fabric.
- The smart heating control enables users to clean their homes with controlled steam and heating.
- It has a 48-ounces large water tank that saves you time and energy with uninterrupted cleaning.
- It is 100% chemical free and leaves the air feeling fresh and clean. It also does not leave behind a lot of moisture, thus not increasing the humidity in the room!
- Extended Power Cord helps reach even the toughest of corners and places like garage and cars.
- The multi-purpose accessories are truly very easy-to-use and handy and do the job in a fantastic manner!
- Hose quality could have been better.
- The absence of Steam Blaster technology makes it difficult to effectively work on tough stains.
Why choose it?
It ranks among the most intuitive multi-purpose steam cleaners on this list; it works best for cleaning narrow areas in the home/office. This is one of the best multi-purpose steam cleaners for carpet
This latest steam cleaner from Wagner Spraytech is uniquely effective for removing wallpapers, cobwebs, and other hanging grimes.
- Chemical-free steam cleaning technology that can remove wallpaper stain and tough stains.
- Long-Running Time of about 40 minutes.
- High Heating Limit that enables it to heat up to 212°F in just nine minutes!
- Best for Cleaning Household Items.
Noted and recommended by everyone, it can actually remove bathroom stains, grill rusts, stove and oven stains, tile and mirror stains, and flooring spots. More so, this (120 volt-powered) equipment functions with two power modes. Marked by a green and red light– green representing a ready mode and red representing heating on the process– it’s fully able to clean in a span of 5-10 minutes.
What users like best is also the fact that this product puts your safety as a top priority. Thanks to the dual-mode technology, you can rest assured that you will never risk burning yourself once the machine displays a ‘ready’ mode.
This best steam cleaner for wallpaper may exhibit the luxury offered by power booster technology, but thanks to its power modes, it gives users control over the heat settings and temperature. Thankfully, once tried and tested, it does steam up to a boost-actuated quality. In addition to that, its deep sanitizing ability guarantees fully conditioned space.
In another review, the product is appreciated as fitting multi-purpose cleaning equipment for household appliances. It further guarantees to be safe, as per experts’ nod, as it’s naturally oriented. In fact, its steaming technology maintains natural steam despite high-temperature due– up to 212°F (100°C).
For its added reach, it’s famous for its extension tubes. Its other effective accessories include LED lights, assorted brushes, jet nozzle, wallpaper steam plate, window squeegee, etc.
On the contrary, it suffers from specific drawbacks: short plug cord, heavy body (not best for mobility), and heated handles. A suggestion to invest in an extendable hose that will successfully reach outdoors and long corners. Other than that, the product is pretty great.
- What the product shines in is removing stains from wallpapers! Seriously, no other product does a better job.
- It has a dual-power mode that helps you control the heat settings and also informs you when the machine is ready to be used.
- The High-Power Heating Limit is a life-saver when you want to sanitize and disinfect surfaces to get rid of any viruses or dirt.
- Includes versatile accessories for faster & more effective cleaning results.
- Some users were disappointed with the fact that this steam cleaner has a very short, compact cord that does not reach most places.
- Others complained about the fact that the handles of the cleaners tend to get overheated when it is in heating mode. However, they do cool down once it sets into the ‘ready’ mode.
Why choose it?
If you’re looking for the right multi-purpose steam cleaner for removing hanging grimes, wallpaper stains, and other obstinate dirt, then you’ll definitely be pleased by this latest Wagner Spraytech toppie.
This top product from Bissell cleans deeper with its ultra-tough stain brush, built-in hot-water heater, and overall efficient design.
- Flexible Hose and extendable cord.
- Tough Stain Brushes and attachments.
- Built-in Hot-Water Heater.
- Compact Design and Superior Packaging.
- Spraying Crevice Tool Included.
A package so small and light, you won’t even notice it when you carry it along. Our testers agree that these best multi-purpose steam cleaners clean deeper into surface dirt. You name it!
You can even go as far as to say that it gets rid of rust. Yes! It cleans all of them with its ultra-tough stain brush. Its meticulously designed bristles that can go in and across thick buildups, adds up to the product’s versatility.
Its hose may not be long enough to reach across, but it’s definitely flexible. With such a feature, many users find the product to be of utmost comfort and efficiency.
Complementing its hose stretch is its high-capacity tank. Proven and tested to hold (without spilling) 48 ounces of water, it manages to gear up for boosted action. And boy, what a boosted cleaning action that is. Adding up to its comfort and ease is its separate clean and dirty water tank. While seemingly far-fetched, the efficiency this feature offers actually has much to do with the boosted action.
As one reviewer points out, it’s got a very easy setup/assembly pattern. Given that you’ve gone through its assembly instructions, you should not take more than 3 minutes to assemble the product’s accessories. You can put them on and off whenever you want to. More so, you can even leave them attached in the storage.
Certain issues against the product begin with a problematic spray, a non-heavy duty functionality (despite claims), a tendency to leak heat out when not securely locked, incapacity to pretreat carpet, a highly breakable tank, and a tendency to take time in heating.
- Small & Light; Highly Comfortable & Efficient!
- Quick & Easy Setup. It just takes about 10 minutes to set up the whole cleaner.
- Deep Cleaning Capacity via Tough-Bristle Stain Brush.
- Not actually a heavy-duty steam cleaner, despite claims made otherwise.
- It takes a lot of time to actually heat up the water and steam.
Why choose it?
If you’re looking for a light and portable steam cleaner that cleans even the oldest stains, then you’ll be highly delighted by this product!
Our ninth multi-purpose steam cleaner from the O-Cedar brand proves that steam cleaning secures a bacteria-free home without much of a hassle!
- It kills 99.9% of the bacteria and viruses present in your home.
- Lightweight, compact, and stylish.
- Includes a Snap-on Glider that glides smoothly across carpets, sofas, and other fabrics.
- Contains a microfiber mop that gets rid of even the tiniest of stains.
- Easy Steam Controls for better handling.
Known by many users as one of the fastest-heating steam cleaners (taking only 20 seconds from plug-in heating) on our list, this O-Cedar is guaranteed to woo you with its sleek, light, and sophisticated design.
Using its snap-on glider, which our testers consider to be practically helpful, it releases steamed bacteria-fighting vapors across the surface. And, thanks to its fast-heating technology again, it’ll complete cleaning in no time. What’s more, the snap-on glider avoids any friction between the surfaces and ensures that it cleans all kinds of surfaces without leaving behind any dirt whatsoever.
While some users think that its triangle-shaped head is unnecessary, most users think otherwise. The triangle-shaped head, with its extra microfiber pad, allows the cleaner for excellent traction. Simply said, it can go through crevices and narrow spaces. More so, it keeps the product from bumping into protrusions. Another great steam cleaner from the best multi-purpose steam cleaners list.
In terms of performance, you may compare the O-Cedar mop to products like Pure Enrichment’s Pureclean. It gives you top-notch efficiency within a very reasonable budget.
One reviewer takes hats off to the product’s concentrated antibacterial vapor quality. As it goes further into the cleaning spree, it utilizes the most natural and chemical-free steam possible. Once again, you can thank its pads for that.
Similar to the Steamfast cleaner, though, this one also tends to absorb dust and suck it inside the system, thus eventually clogging the outlet. For this, the easiest solution is to regularly clean and maintain the insides of the steam cleaners.
- It provides an unbelievably fast heating technology that greatly saves you time.
- The Sleek, Light & Sophisticated Design lures praises wherever it goes.
- Antibacterial Cleaning Capacity and a tendency to clean out any harmful bacterias and viruses.
- It includes Snap-on Glider that helps clean fabrics and carpets in smooth, gliding motions.
- Smart Technology and Steaming Controls.
- This cleaner, due to the microfiber attachments, tend to suck in dust and dirt inside the machine. In order to avoid clogging, one should regularly clean and maintain it.
Why choose it?
Attractive and light, this product pleases with a bacteria-free home, office, and venue.
Homegear’s latest multi-purpose steam cleaner is a product to be reckoned with. With a double-powered solution tank, you won’t ever run out of steam again! it certainly ranks among the best multi-purpose steam cleaners!
- A 1500-watts powered steam engine for the toughest of stains.
- Quick set up, only takes 5-8 minutes.
- Comes with a 59-inch long hose for greater flexibility.
- Can reach temperatures as high as 284°F for deep cleansing.
- 14pcs Accessory Kit Included.
- Steaming Time: 30-37 Minutes.
Powered with 1500-watt capacity, this latest genius by Homegear builds from a light solution tank. This particular feature, according to our testers, provides a great deal of convenience to busy users.
It has been carefully designed and engineered so that when the steam reaches its maximum temperature capacity, the motor does not overheat.
One reviewer states that its 140° C – 284° F heating limit generates steam fast and strong enough to remove all dirt in the area, without having to move the device around.
Other users consider the product to be safe. It’s excellently built to both hold and withstand steam pressure. The steam pressure, on its other end, counts close from 3-3.5 bars. This is further helped or complemented by its 14pcs high-grade accessories. Existing with the sole purpose of maximizing the steam cleaner’s reach, these accessories are guaranteed safe, durable, and easy to install.
On the contrary, the product suffers from certain disadvantages. Due to its heavy-duty nature, it tends to feel heavy and compromises its portability. Few people noticed that since you frequently need to stretch the hose to reach faraway surfaces, the hose nozzle is vulnerable to breakage.
- It is highly powered and provides a lot of heavy-duty cleaning abilities.
- The heating limits allow users to deep-cleanse most surfaces and properly disinfect them.
- In line with the claims, the motor is capable of performing on very high temperatures without overheating in the slightest bit!
- It is quite heavy and is often difficult to move around. This affects its portability and travel-friendliness.
- Users notice that the hose nozzle is quite vulnerable to breakage during regular, daily use.
Why choose it?
If you’re looking for the best multi-purpose steam cleaners that don’t overheat and cleans sofa fabric well, then you’ll find this product interesting.
Buying Guide: What to Consider Before Buying Multi-purpose Steam Cleaners?
Steam cleaners can be quite an investment. And especially with the hundreds of options available in the market, buying the right one can be tricky.
With our buying guide, we’ve listed all the important features you should look for in a steam cleaner. We hope it helps you get closer to a buying decision!
One of the most important things to note while buying a steam cleaner is its warranty, and what the warranty covers.
Most multi-purpose steam cleaners come with a minimum of 1-year warranty. This warranty usually covers the outer unit and any errors or default on the side of the manufacturer. This is also why you should only buy from a reputed brand. Additionally, most boilers on these steam cleaners come with a 3-8 years warranty, some even with a lifetime warranty.
2. Types of Steam Cleaners
There are several types when it comes to steam cleaners, each one serving a particular purpose. If you’re looking for a variety of purposes, go for a multi-purpose steam cleaner.
- Portable steam cleaners – As the name suggests, these are handheld steam cleaners. They’re compact, lightweight, and affordable. While they’re perfect for spot cleaning and carpets, you do need to fill their water tank more often.
- Vapor steam cleaners – These are meant for tasks that require a larger power capacity. These also have a larger water tank and can work longer, and more pesky stains.
- Mop steam cleaners – These steam cleaners are specifically made for floor cleaning. They’re lightweight, affordable, and easy to store.
- Cylinder steam cleaners – Also known as canister steam cleaners, these are ideally meant for larger cleaning jobs on a commercial level. They are bulky, have a much larger water tank, and tend to be expensive. They’re also very versatile and work on a variety of surfaces.
3. Noise output and Accessibility
The higher the watt power of your steam cleaner, the louder it is likely going to be. However, some cleaners may also come with a silencing technology for a noise-free cleaning session.
Also, consider your requirements to decide which steam cleaners are the most accessible and the right choice for you. Are you going to clean large, persistent surfaces? Do you need a lightweight, small cleaner for everyday tasks? These are questions you should ask yourself.
Steam cleaners would come with basic attachments. But if you need a more versatile one with more features and specs, make sure to check all the accessories that it comes with.
Additionally, look for attachment features like fast heat-up, steam pressure control button, boiler tank capacity, etc.
You may also like: How To Clean My Little Steamer
5. Water tank size
Steam cleaners will produce steam as long as there’s water in the tank. Smaller portable steam cleaners need more refill. And the larger one can have a longer run time. And you also don’t need to refill the tank as much.
It’s nice to get a steam cleaner with a big water tank but if you don’t have much use for a big water tank, that can be a waste of money. The bigger the water tank, the more expensive it is so you have to weigh your options carefully.
6. Pressure and temperature
A higher temperature will produce drier steam. And this type of steam can kill viruses and bacteria better. So it’s more sanitary and cleans better.
But steam vacuum cleaners with high pressure tend to cost more.
Benefits of Steam-Cleaning Your Home
Steam cleaning can clean your homes far better than any vacuum cleaner. If you are not fully convinced yet, here are several benefits.
1. Less need to buy cleaning supplies
A steam cleaner can take the place of all your cleaning supplies. And you don’t even need to buy expensive cleaners that run out easily. Steam cleaners may have a higher price upfront. But you just need water to produce steam. You don’t have to buy expensive cleaners monthly.
2. No need for chemical cleaners
Steam can kill viruses, fungi, and bacteria. You can ditch chemically laden cleaning solutions that can be harmful to you and your family. It’s also environmentally friendly since you have lesser chemical residue.
3. Deeper clean
Steam cleaners can clean, sanitize and deodorize. And you only need a single tool for that. It can clean almost every surface, nook, and crannies in your homes.
4. Tough on molds, viruses, and bacteria
5. Can kill allergen
Your chemical cleaners can’t do that, they might even contribute to your allergies. Vapors can kill dust mites that make you sneeze. You can use steam cleaners on your pillows, bed, and beddings. You won’t be able to do that with your regular cleaners.
6. Pet friendly
A lot of cleaners can be harmful to your pets, it can even be toxic for them. Steam cleaners, on the other hand, are pet-friendly. So you can clean your pet’s beddings and toys without worrying if it could harm them. It can also remove odors from cages and kennels.
7. Safe for children’s toys
It’s very easy to clean and sanitize your kid’s toys. And you don’t even have to air dry them in the sun.
How to Use Steam Cleaners
Steam cleaners can be a little tricky to use compared to other cleaning devices. And moreover, you need to practice a lot more caution with them. Keep reading to find out all the necessary precautions you should take while operating steam cleaners.
- Make sure to wipe all surfaces first before running your steam cleaner over them. The steam can loosen dirt but not remove it
- Always wear goggles to protect your eyes from the steam. Also wear protective clothing.
- Don’t let your skin be in contact with the steam. Since it’s really hot, it can cause burns.
- Always follow the directions on the manufacturer’s label.
- While steam cleaners can virtually clean almost everything, be sensible still. Some items may be better off cleaned by hand.
What NOT to Clean with Steam Cleaners
Steam cleaners are versatile cleaning equipment. It can be used on almost any surface. But there’s always an exception to the rule.
So here are things and surfaces that you should not use your steam cleaners with.
- Delicate items such as plastic, silk, and velour upholstery. Also, avoid using them on nylon and similar fabrics that cannot tolerate high heats.
- Don’t use waxed, polished, and freshly painted walls. While it may be tempting to hover over your steam cleaners on your walls, think twice.
- Don’t use them on finished wood, unless you’re sure that the finish can take a little bit of heat.
- Never use clean steamers to clean musical instruments.
- Don’t use a mesh indoor screen. This material won’t be able to withstand heat.
- Don’t use on laminated floors. Moisture will seep through the planks.
- Finally, don’t use plastics and plastic toys. If you do, lower the steam temperature to one that is tolerable for plastic.
Never clean antiques and heirloom pieces with a steam vacuum.
Do steam cleaners wet surfaces after cleaning?
Yes. Steam cleaners do leave the surface moist. However, it’s not really wet, and the water droplets are so small that they evaporate very quickly.
How effective are steam cleaners?
Steam cleaners are very effective. They can remove 99.9% of bacteria in your place. They also effectively clean any surfaces, leaving them glass-polished.
Can I use a steam cleaner in cleaning the window?
Yes. You can. However, you’ll have to first determine the type of steam cleaner you’re using. Not all steam cleaners are designed to clean windows.
Can I apply a cleaning solution to the machine?
No. You can’t. Steam cleaners are strictly designed for just water.
Can I use the steam cleaner on glass?
Yes. You can. But, that depends on the type of steam cleaner you’re using.
Steam cleaners can be a life-saver in your home. They don’t just clean and polish your home surfaces, they also disinfect them and get rid of any harmful chemicals, pathogens, or viruses. Not to mention their steam is totally allergy-free and suitable for babies, pets, and adults alike!
If you follow all the safety precautions, multipurpose steam cleaners should be a must-buy in your list. We hope our product reviews and buying guide helped you get closer to a buying decision.
If you have any further questions about the best multi-purpose steam cleaners in the market, feel free to drop them below!
OUR #1 RECOMMENDATIONS
LIGHT ‘N’ Steam Mop
For our top recommendation today, we suggest the Light N Steam Mop multi purpose mop. It comes with a mop, a handheld steamer, and various cleaning attachments.
What we love best about this one is that it has a very high power capacity and can reach a temperature of up to 212°F! It is very versatile and multifunctional, leaving your home feeling clean and fresh.